About Me

My photo
Michigan, United States
So...Im just a girl at the age of 18, trying to figure out my life. Out of High School and not knowing where to go next, I hope that this blog will help me discover what Gods purpose is in my life, while adding a little humor and Gabi-like fun into my entries. I know I want to do something in life where I can express myself, because thats important to me. I have a huge imagination that I want to be able to use in this world, and I hope my Alice In Wonderland inspired blog is just another step in helping me do so.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Life and The Beauty of It.

For those who do not know, one of my greatest interests is photography, and I am very interested in taking some classes towards it at JCC or wherever I end up. I do not have a professional camera yet but thats just another thing I will have to save up for...holler back. Sooo, for now I think I will just sit back and admire the beauty that other people are able to capture until I am able to capture my own. 


Id like to share Anne Geddes.
She is one of my favorite photographers. If you've ever seen those mega cute calendars with the dressed up new born babies, it was probably her work. Her main focus in photography is the miracle of life. She is fascinated by pregnancy and babies and finds them beautiful and inspiring. She also photographs nature and models in relation to nature.
She says, "My own desire is that my imagery will help to create a strong platform of hope and promise for humanity and the future."


Above is a picture of Anne Geddes herself and Lucas, from her collection called A Labor of Love (2007). 


This is one of my favorites that Anne has done. Notice the delicate butterfly wings on the back of the baby. She has done other butterfly photographs as well but I happen to love this one because the baby looks so peaceful. I also love how she added a sort of sepia effect to the photo to make it look more old fashioned and sensitive. The baby also looks soft, as he/she should because a newborns skin is the softest kind ever known.  

Gabs

No comments:

Post a Comment